Saturday, January 28, 2012

Assorted Streams?

kinda sorts some streams-of-consciousness. just wrote what i felt. mainly about lyMe dis-ease

           Washed

It's like I'm seventeen nautical miles into
A twenty-two nautical mile race
The open ocean splashing my boat
Wind whipping up white caps
Blistered hands and bloody oars
Almost Empty but Almost There
Don't wanna get too excited and
Burn up my tank
Just maintian 3/4 power
No scale but my soul
I just gotta keep on pushin'
One stroke at a time.
I'll get there.


When I look in the mirror
                   I see the color coming back to my face.
______________________________________________________________

You know what makes me feel
     good?

That,
            underneath it all,

I'm wearing knee-high lime green wool socks.
_____________________________________________________

this one is about dementia caused from late-stage lyme disease, but more vaguely the addictive quality of bad habits:

              TICK

Fact: Clinging to what seems to be
                                            the only way.

There's no way out but in These habits are creeping,
Creeping and haunting Oh so subtly in the backdrop.

Because there are things about ourselves
                                       that we do not like,

But we do them anyway. Tendency
Toward the easy way out can be, well,
All too easy. And who's to blame? We are
Wired for comfort & if that's the way it is
Then that's the way it goes...
Besides, we've all got a lot on our minds.


Escape

      That
           Thing.
Compulsion. Grasping it. Loving it.
Wondering why We would want anything more,


Every once in a while
     We imagine and itch on the thick of our skins.
What is that itch?
______________________________________________________________

All I can do is all I can do
Is all I can do
Is
   all
       I
         can
               do.
What can I do?
_________________________________________________________________________

Because There Are Things About OurSelf
                                             We Do Not Like,
But We Do Them Anyway.
______________________________________________________________

The Moment You Realize You Must Pray
_______________________________

and how do you pray? to each man their own
but there are general trends. the Right words, body position-
the rules are not as important as focus. Look
to your core and open within, wish upon your might
that you want your love to reach, to exert energy
through true heart's will, to love and grasp
that idea in your mind, feel it,
accept it, but pray to that which is
Unknown, Please.


the agnostic girl prayed: "to whom it may concern. . . ."
_____________________________________

okay that's probably enough slam, shit got kinda serious......

No comments:

Post a Comment